The Differences Between Siding Products
One of the most often forgotten aspects of a home is the siding. Many homeowners make decisions based on appearance only, but they should do more research to ensure they are getting the right siding for their home. Knowing the type of siding, their durability, maintenance, cost, and style can help you to make the best decision possible.
Here are some options for you to consider:
- Vinyl siding: This type of material is relatively inexpensive, offering some styles and colors for easy installation. Maintenance is low, and they should last anywhere from 20-30 years.
- Aluminum siding: A bit more expensive than vinyl siding, aluminum can last from 20-30 years with low maintenance. Installation is easy, and there are numerous color options.
- Brick and veneer: This is an excellent option with low to moderate maintenance. There are few color and style choices, and installation is moderately difficult. However, this type of siding can last 100+ years.
- Stone and slate:Lasting over 100 years with low to moderate maintenance, this option offers numerous colors and styles, but is a bit more expensive and difficult to install.
- Wood and cedar: This moderately costing siding offers many colors, but few styles. It’s easy to install but moderate to high maintenance to last over 50 years.
- Log: This type of siding lasts over 50 years, but is quite a bit more expensive, requires a high amount of maintenance, and has few style and color options.
These are the most common types of siding, but it’s important to understand all of the options that work best for your home.
Siding Products We Use
At Fairfield County Exteriors, we use specific products that we believe in. These include:
- Exterior Portfolio: Portsmouth shake, CraneBoard Solid Core siding
- CertainTeed: Cedar Impressions, Monogram
- James Hardie
- Royal Building Products*: Woodland 25 siding panels, Celect Siding (Cellular siding)
- Versetta stone
By speaking to one of the professionals at Fairfield County Exterior, we are happy to walk you through all your siding options and each one of their benefits. Contact us today for more information. That’s what we’re here for!