It may be hard for us to see termites, but our homes can feel the damage they make. You can’t prevent termites from wreaking havoc on your home, but these pests are the most visible in the springtime (because they swarm in colonies). So keep these tips in mind to help you identify an infestation and protect your home.
Signs Your Home May Have Termites
- Buckling or sagging floors.
- Popping hardwood slats.
- Bubbling or peeling paint.
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped.
Tips To Help Protect Your Home From Termites
- Empty your crawl space of debris and cover the surface with polyethylene sheeting to reduce the moisture.
- Look at all the moist areas around your home, especially where water has puddled.
- Check around your deck, porch, or any wooden surface.
- Remove tree stumps, untreated fences, and firewood stored nearby.
- Create a low mound of mulch several inches away from your house.
If your roof, siding, deck or patio has been damaged by termites, contact Fairfield County Exteriors to help bring your home back to life. Our trusted experts can show your home the TLC it needs! We’ve received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and service the greater Fairfield and New Haven area. Contact us today for a free estimate: 203-375-9700!